Make sure you are aware of the changes that are coming very soon.
What changes will mean?
- Increased privacy for individuals
- Tougher penalties and bigger fines
- Clearer definitions of the data companies collect
- Companies must report data breaches within 72 hours of the breach
- For companies dealing with alot of personal data they will have to employ a data protection officer
- Any company outside the EU that has dealings with companies within the EU will have to comply to the new legistation
- Companies will have to meet the new requirements by May 2018
Radical changes to European data protection legislation