Full-stack / Back-End (Senior)
Belfast and London
Full-stack / Back-End (Senior)
Candidate should have the right to work in the UK.
CyNation – The Company
CyNation is a cyber security and risk management start-up with offices in London, Belfast and the Hague. Our vision is to eradicate online fraud and digital crime across the supply chain. We are passionate about making a difference in today and tomorrow’s digital world by creating a safer world online for everyone.
At CyNation we are on a mission to secure a connected world where businesses, the government and citizens can enjoy the prosperity of digital transformation and build a flourishing economy resilient to cyber threats and digital risk.
Fighting online crime and cyber threats requires innovative solutions and actionable intelligence to mitigate digital risks. CyNation’s award-winning technology helps small and large organisations create order out of the chaos of digital risks data across the supply chain to combat online fraud, cyber threats, and data leaks.
Recognised by the UK National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC/LORCA) and Gartner as one of the leading innovative technologies to manage and analyse digital risk across various industries. CyDeskAi, our flagship platform, simplifies, automates, and streamlines digital risks management and analytics to reduce organisations’ risk exposure and better manage their risk landscape. Tried and tested across Europe in Financial Services, Retail, Energy and Logistics.
We are building an exciting, talented, and diverse team to help us advance our vision and ambitious growth plans and build a company we all feel proud of for its success and positive impact on society. This is the perfect opportunity to pivot and evolve your career in a fast-paced, innovative start-up.
We are looking for an experienced Full-stack or Back-end Software Engineer who is keen to advance into a more senior role and join our small, international and agile team of talented problem solvers. Take ownership of shaping and developing the underlying innovation of our award-winning flagship platform for Digital Risks Management and Analytics. Play an essential role in updating and maintaining our development strategy, development life cycle, and product roadmap while supporting and collaborating with the team to deliver a smooth product experience and innovative new features.
As a proficient software engineer and problem solver:
- You are keen on delivering innovative, exciting and reliable data and analytics products and platforms that clients interact with regularly
- You don’t shy away from a challenge. Take the initiative and walk the extra mile to find the right answer
- Always keen to learn, grow and share knowledge with colleagues and the industry.
Being a professional software engineer:
- You are proud to deliver high-quality code and maintain such quality through continuous testing, adopting best practices, reducing code complexity and incorporating critical feedback
- You believe that collaboration with clear and consistent communication and excellent documentation are key for successful product development
- You are pragmatic and comfortable making short-term development decisions without losing sight of the product’s long-term vision and development roadmap
Having been in the industry, you have:
- Strong and demonstrable experience developing high-availability and concurrency analytics products
- Solid knowledge of Java development frameworks: Dropwizard, Spring, and Hibernate
- Good experience working with APIs and queuing management technology like RabbitMQ and/or Kafka
- For full-stack, a good understanding and experience developing and designing intuitive and interactive platforms front-end and analytics tools
Our development team works through seven project-based cycles a year. Each cycle consists of three two-weeks sprints documented and tracked in Atlassian (Jira and Confluence) and GitLab. New features and functions are continuously deployed throughout a project cycle with the support of GitLab to automate and streamline the DevOps process. Ahead of deployment, new code requires passing our pre-commit reviews (quality, functionality and security), which we use Deepsource, Codesens and SonarQube.
Our platform technology stack consists of:
- Containerised Java and Node.js microservices hosted on AWS
- PostgresSQL, Redis, dbt and Metabase for data management and analytics
- Python and LISP for the AI and ML modules
- Kubernetes and Docker to manage and scale container deployments
- CloudWatch and honeycomb.io for performance monitoring and incident response
- Intercom and Segment to streamline customer service and support
By joining our innovative and agile team, you will enjoy:
- Great opportunity to work on innovative cyber security products & collaborate toward new improvements
- Work alongside some of the industry's leading experts & founders
- Play an integral part of a young, exciting start-up growing and scaling up
- Flexible working environment (hybrid or remote – UK only)
- Fully serviced offices: Belfast & London
- State-of-the-art equipment and tools for the job
- Access to rich development and personal growth learning resources and training
- Competitive base salary, depending on the level of experience
- Generous EMI stock options
- 33 days of paid holidays every year