Data Privacy Consultant
Data Privacy Consultant
CyNation – The Company
CyNation improves organisations’ cyber and digital resilience by providing innovative and automated cyber security and compliance solutions and services.
Our vision is to become a leading European cyber security and information compliance services and solutions provider for mid size to large organisations covering clients across Europe, Africa, Middle East and Far East – the trusted “go to place” for securing a connected world.
Our mission is to provide complete end-to-end cyber security and information compliance solutions that encompass technology, people, culture and processes to enable organisations to become more resilient and effective against threats.
We are start-up on the verge of scaling and international expansion.
Candidates with strong knowledge of data protection and privacy are required to join CyNation’s cyber security consulting practice. The team provides consultation and advice to help organisations deal effectively with privacy related risks, while providing the business with pragmatic and flexible solutions that deliver real value.
Our subject matter experts provide clients with independent, jargon-free advice, and advanced technical capabilities to help them proactively manage their data privacy risks and use their data to its full potential.
The candiate/s will be expected to:
- Deliver data privacy and protection advisory services to clients covering: Privacy impact assessment (PIA), Privacy strategy and information governace framework, Legitimisation of International Transfers of Personal Information, and Privacy incident response .
- Project manage small engagements and provide end-to-end support for large engagements.
- Liaise with clients on delivery, implementation and up-sales issues.
- Coach and develop team members through experience and knowledge sharing.
- Assist the sales team in a pre-sales capacity in understanding technical requirements and facilitating consultancy engagements.
- Proven experience, minimum 2 years, in data privacy consultancy role or in industry.
- Proven ability to analyse problems, identify core issues and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Broad experience of regulatory changes and implementations of information governance programmes in one or more of the following markets: finance and banking, health care, retail, critical national infrastructure and logistics and supply chain.
- Understanding of security policies and procedures, standards and controls in line with regulation and/or current standards: ISO27001, PCI DSS and CSA Star.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in:
- Data privacy and protection impact assessment
- Privacy audit
- Privacy inventories and data flow mapping
- Privacy programme implementation
- Privacy strategy and governance
- Privacy incident response
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to connect and communicate at all levels across an organisation.
- Ability and capacity to absorb large volumes of information and articulate a solution in a verbal and written format.
- Self-driven and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- A good university degree in information security, information management, law or computer science is required, with a First or 2:1.
- Prefarably working towards or already received a recogonised privacy qualification: IAAP, CIPP, ISEB