Cyber Security Consultant
Cyber Security Consultant
CyNation – The Company
CyNation improves organisations’ cyber and digital resilience by providing innovative and automated cyber security and compliance solutions and services.
Our vision is to become a leading European cyber security and information compliance services and solutions provider for mid size to large organisations covering clients across Europe, Africa, Middle East and Far East – the trusted “go to place” for securing a connected world.
Our mission is to provide complete end-to-end cyber security and information compliance solutions that encompass technology, people, culture and processes to enable organisations to become more resilient and effective against threats.
We are start-up on the verge of scaling and international expansion.
Candidates with strong knowledge of IT security and risk are required to join CyNation’s cyber security consulting practice. The team provides consultation and advice to help organisations deal effectively with technology related risks and derive maximum value from data and documentation. Our subject matter experts provide clients with independent, jargon-free advice, and advanced technical capabilities to help them proactively manage their technology risks and use their data to its full potential.
The candiate/s will be expected to:
- Deliver IT security assurance and advisory services to clients covering: cyber maturity management (CMA), identity and authentication management (IAM), networks and industrial control systems (ICS) security.
- Project manage small engagements and provide end-to-end support for large engagements.
- Liaise with clients on delivery, implementation and up-sales issues.
- Coach and develop team members through experience and knowledge sharing.
- Assist the sales team in a pre-sales capacity in understanding technical requirements and facilitating consultancy engagements.
- Proven experience, minimum 2 years, in an IT security consultancy role or an information security role in industry.
- Proven ability to identify and assess complex information protection risks and controls.
- Understanding of a wide range of IT security and IT methodologies, principles, technologies and techniques.
- Understanding of security policies and procedures, standards and controls in line with regulation and/or current standards: ISO27001, ISO27017, EU NIS, PCI DSS, ISO 31000, and GDPR.
- Experience in and an understanding of the Cyber risks faced by clients within one or more of the following industries: finance and banking, health care, retail, critical national infrastructure and logistics and supply chain.
- Strong network and cloud security knowledge.
- Proven experince in using network security solutions is a plus: SIEM, IPS/IDS and UBEA.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to connect and communicate at all levels across an organisation.
- Ability and capacity to absorb large volumes of information and articulate a solution in a verbal and written format.
- Self-driven and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- A good university degree in information security or computer science is required, with a First or 2:1.
- Preferably will have a CISSP, CISA or CISM qualification.